- Each chart contains 50 songs, in order of preference from 1 to 50 (the ordering is important as scoring for the overall fans' chart at the end will depend on this - see below***).
- Each selection will be based on songs rather than versions. Therefore 'You Love Us', 'Spectators of Suicide' etc. appear once only regardless of which version you prefer.
- Live tracks can be included if they have appeared on an official release, for example as a B-side, but don't have a corresponding studio version e.g. 'It's So Easy'.
- Cover versions are perfectly valid entries.
- Remixes are not included as they are other artists' interpretations of Manics songs.
- Solo tracks by James or Nicky are not included.
- Guest appearances by any Manics member under another band's name are not included.
- Songs released on bootlegs are not included (most will be covered by the above anyway).
- And finally, as I've had one question already, 'Rewind the Film' can be selected!
Submitting your Entry
Once you have your final 50, participants are encouraged to count down from 50 to 1 in true chart style on Twitter for a lively debate with your followers!! If you do this, put your own personal hashtag against each entry (e.g. #ManicsTop50IanL) and let me know @Pyfbrown so that I can compile and publish your chart. Each entry will go up on this blog with your Twitter name for anyone that misses the countdown to study and critique!!
However, if you would rather blog your own chart or just send me your chart without counting down on Twitter in this way that's fine too, tweet me to arrange this at the time.
***Scoring will be on the basis of 50 points for a number 1, 49 for a number 2, all the way down to 1 point for number 50. The scores from each entry will be added together to produce the overall chart.